Home

Apr 28, 2014

For Cardiff, see Gloucester


Clergy at St John the Baptist Church, in the centre of Cardiff, are appointed locally these days, but for most of the church's existence the key decisions ...

Category: General
Posted by: RhodriC

were taken over the border. In 1180, the parish of Cardiff was placed in the care of Gloucestershire monks. After the dissolution of monasteries, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester Cathedral appointed Cardiff’s clergy - an arrangement that continued until the Church in Wales was split from the Church of England in 1921. For more on the church's history, scan the HistoryPoints QR codes by the main entrance. Or click here