Home

Nov 6, 2016

Balloon bother in Mold


One of the most unusual guests ever at the Cross Keys Hotel, Mold, was a man named Dobb, who arrived unconscious after being gassed by a faulty balloon. At the fire brigade's ...

Category: General
Posted by: RhodriC

sports day in 1902, one of the star attractions was a parachute jump from a balloon by an American woman. Dobb was poisoned while trying to repair a valve before her ascent. He was taken to the Cross Keys but didn't regain consciousness until the following morning. The accident happened three months after a local parachutist fell to her death from a balloon above Sheffield. For more about these stories and the hotel, scan the HistoryPoints QR codes at the eastern end of Y Pentan, which used to be the Cross Keys. Or click here