HistoryPoints News

May 29, 2013

Where rugby women changed

When Cardiff and Newport assembled women's rugby teams for a match in 1917, the Cardiff Arms Park changing rooms were ...
Category: General
Posted by: RhodriClark

deemed unsuitable for the fairer sex. Instead the players changed in the Grand Hotel and crossed Westgate Street to reach the ground. By coincidence, the Cardiff team's captain later became an employee at the hotel. To read more about this, and the hotel's ownership by a Wales rugby forward, scan the QR codes by the entrance to the Mango House restaurant, which now occupies part of the former hotel. Or click here