Ffynnongroyw war memorial
The war memorial at Ffynnongroyw was erected in 1994, at the instigation of local councillor Dorothy Banks (better known locally as “Dolly”). She had lost two of her brothers in the Second World War: Jeremiah Frederick Johnson and Joseph Spencer Johnson.
To read details of local people who died in active service or from war wounds, please select a category below.
The First World War dead are also named on a tablet which is now inside Canolfan Ffynnongroyw, the community centre near the war memorial. The tablet was originally in the Undenominational School, and moved to All Saints Church for safekeeping when the school closed.
Three of the local men who died in the Second World War were crew members on MV The Lady Mostyn, sunk by a mine in 1940. Two of them were brothers.
Postcode: CH8 9SN