Penmaenmawr war memorial

Penmaenmawr war memorial

This memorial was unveiled on 31 May 1925 by Lt Col CH Darbishire and his wife. It was designed by RJ Hughes and built in light grey granite from Trevor, Gwynedd, by Messrs Hughes & Benjamin, of Penmaenmawr. The bronze work was by Messrs James Gibbon Ltd, of Wolverhampton.

The memorial’s dedication was given by the Rev Griffith Matthews, vicar of Penmaenmawr, and the Last Post sounded by WP Evans. The prayers were led by the Rev D Cynddelw Williams, former Chaplain to the Welsh Division. The town’s silver band provided the musical accompaniment to the choir. RD Owen conducted the Order of Service.

The memorial lists the people from the area who died in service in the two world wars. To read their names and details, please choose one of the headings below.

With thanks to Anne Pedley and David Bathers, of Penmaenmawr Historical Society

Where is this HiPoint?

Postcode: LL34 6AB

First World War, Surnames A-P

First World War, Surnames R-W

Second World War, Surnames A-Z

Other MILITARY HiPoints in this area:
Dwygyfylchi war memorial
Traeth Lafan - where a failed invasion of Anglesey was based on a pontoon over the Menai Strait